The Idaho Academy of Science and Engineering (IASE) is a non-profit, 501(c)3 institution patterned after the National Academy of Sciences. It was organized in 1958 to further the cause of science and science education in Idaho. Chartered activities of the Academy are to:
- Stimulate scientific education and research
- Promote collegial relationships among those engaged in scientific work
- Assist in the development and promotion of the scientific resources of the State of Idaho
- Unify the scientific interests of the State
- Publish reports of scientific studies and applications
Through its annual symposium, the Academy provides an opportunity for laypersons, students, and scholars to discuss current work in the sciences, technology, and engineering fields.